Lately I have been obsessing over small office interior design ideas like hiding an office in a closet space or creating a nook in a wide hallway design or simply having a small office design in the guest bedroom. This new inspiration probably comes from the idea that one day I might have to give up my office and therefor I am already looking ahead for inspiration for how to best utilize a small office design. Also a blog posts from Italianbark and MyParadissi inspired me to put together a curated post of some of my favorite small office designs.
*Without jumping too fast into the inspiration we have around small office designs – having an office like this is of course on our top of the want list (house dreaming).*
Back on track with today’s topic on 10 small office interior design ideas, there are so many creative interior design ideas out there to get inspired by. I am seriously amazed at people’s creativity. Living in a small space is charming and can if planned out properly still work so you still have your dedicated work place – the images below are proof of some creative designers and bloggers showing us just this. Whether you are planning to do some late night work from home, or write (or start your design blog) or maybe just doing some random online browsing – a small office interior design could be just what you need. It might be exactly what I need especially if I will start using more of the co-working spaces out there, like the Toffee Factory.
Credit: Fantastic Frank
Interior design is about making the best possible use of the available space
10 Small Office Interior Design Essentials or Tips
- Inspiring area: An area to showcase things that inspires me to write
- Enough desk area for my laptop and extra screen
- A vase of fresh flowers
- A place to lean art or a mood board for the imperfection makes perfect kinda look
- Make a statement with your work lamp. Functionality meets design…
- Use a decorative chair especially if the office nook is in a bedroom (of course comfort should be taken into account here – so make sure you protect your back too)
- Neutral color palette is an idea when you are trying to hide away an office
- Warning contradiction time…invest in an ergonomic nice looking designed office chair
- Dress the wall with nice art
- Emphasize your small office interior design by painting it in a fun color
Credit: Only Deco
Credit: Photography / Home-owner My Scandinavian Home, Styling Genevieve Jorn
Have you found any home office ideas that have interior designs that inspire? I would love some ideas especially around squeezing some office nooks in closet areas or even designed well in a hallway nook. Also if you have some extra time and would like to find some more office inspiration make sure to check out all our lovely blog friends listed in our Scandi design blog post.