Lately, I have been obsessing over small office interior design ideas like hiding an office in a closet space or creating a nook in a wide hallway design. Or simply having a small office design in the guest bedroom.
This new inspiration of course comes with now most of us are working from home. And the fact is that many of us did not plan to have a proper home office set up for remote working.
For me, the reality is that I am now fully focused on doing remote work from home, more long term.
And also this year we downgraded our living by moving into our summer house on a small island somewhere in Mediterranean. Due to this, and remote work we are now eagerly looking for small office ideas that can work in our space.
Credit: Fantastic Frank
To inspire me for this change but also hopefully help you to get some ideas for your office nook. I have here collected 10 small office interior design ideas.
————— There are so many creative interior design ideas out there to get inspired by. I am seriously amazed at people’s creativity. Living in a small space is charming and can if planned out properly still work so you still have your dedicated workplace – the images below are proof of some creative designers and bloggers showing us just this.
Whether you are planning to do some late night work from home, or write (or start your design blog) or maybe just doing some random online browsing – a small office interior design could be just what you need.
Interior design is about making the best possible use of the available space
10 Small Office Interior Design Essentials or Tips
- Inspiring area: An area to showcase things that inspires you to perform your task
- Enough desk area for a laptop and extra screen
- A vase of fresh flowers
- A place to lean art or a mood board for the imperfection makes perfect kinda look to inspire creativity
- Make a statement with your work lamp. Functionality meets design…
- Use a decorative ergonomic chair especially if the office nook is in a bedroom (of course comfort should be taken into account here – so make sure you protect your back too)
- Neutral color palette is an idea when you are trying to hide away an office
- Use baskets or storage boxes to hide away office materials
- Dress the wall with nice art
- If you want to highlight your office space, paint the backdrop of your office wall in a fun color
If you are into simple lines and functional spaces like some of these office spaces then you might like our Scandinavian interior design full post.
Credit: Only Deco
Credit: Photography / Home-owner My Scandinavian Home, Styling Genevieve Jorn
MORE OFFICE STORIES
Interested to get more inspired by Scandinavian interior design books? See my curated book list that I put together with some of the latest popular books that will get you in the right Scandinavian interior mood.
Have you found any home office ideas that have interior designs that inspire? I would love some ideas especially around squeezing some office nooks in closet areas or even designed well in a hallway nook.
Also if you have some extra time and would like to find some more office inspiration make sure to check out all our lovely blog friends listed in our Scandinavian interior design blog list post.
Ex Design Consultant. Design Curator. Online Creative. Curios minded. Love living and sharing a creative life through -The Interiors, The People, The Art, The Architecture & The Places. Design to me is about creating a story – it is about understanding what matters and how to create something unique which speaks your personal story.