I feel that there is something so refreshing with looking at Scandinavian pastel interior design spaces.
To me usually this means, simple design with “less is more” elements. Combine this with sparingly pops of pastel colours throughout the space – and you have my dream Scandinavian pastel interior design look.
The key here is to add pastel colours throughout a space while keeping it sophisticated and fresh.
To accomplish this it is easier to pick a whitish (neutral) wall base. Also flooring should be the same throughout the whole space.
It is also important to keep furniture and decoration within same lines. An advice is also to avoid too much of pattern. The result you are aiming for is, a simple yet “minimalism soft colour feel”.
The key is to give the space a calming yet fresh look while playing around with matching pastel colours
Below you can see an apartment that I truly love. This space sums up the dreamy Scandinavian Pastel interior design look that I would easily go for in a space.
Why are Pastel Interior Design so nice?
- Less saturated colours: Pastel interior design colours gives a more calming and soothing feeling.
- A sense of sophistication: Using these colour due to their calming nature gives a space an opportunity to still be colourful yet have a sophisticated feel.
- A feeling of “spring” and rebirth: This spring feel reminds us of a “new start” and with that usually boosts the energy level.
Other Design Stories
Want more Scandinavian Design Ideas?
If you are looking for more inspiration and ideas around Scandi designs then check out our newly compiled Scandinavian interior design Guide.
In it you will find out the reasoning behind the design style and also gather some tips and tricks to use in your own space.
What do you think, is Pastel colours in an interior design something that you would like to go for? Let us know in the comments below.
LOOKING FOR MORE?
Check out our Scandinavian design resources:
– Scandinavian Interior Design – FULL GUIDE
– Scandinavian Furniture Brands
– Scandinavian Interior Design Books
– Scandinavian Interior Design Blogs
Credit: Fantastic Frank
I am Caroline, an ex interior design consultant, turned into a content creator, 30+ something Swedish born with an insane passion and interest for design, blogging, and living a meaningful and creative life. Design to me is about creating a (your) story – it is about understanding what matters and how to create something unique and meaningful which speaks and motivates you.