This home is absolutely stunning! Called the Caulfield house and designed by Pipkorn Kilpatrick.
Except the stunning design which is vivid in these photos, I love the story behind this design project. The owners of this house were first thinking of buying something with bigger land but instead decided to invest more into making their current home work for them.
The brief was to create a light and airy house with easy flows throughout the spaces together with ample of concealed storage. They wanted to make sure that the planning involved, that all their belongings had a home and was properly stored.
Such a smart thing to do for any one that is into organisation – to pre plan your belongings to make sure that proper storage is allocated.
What we love about this property?
- The “A” frame window in the living room: Creates this spectacular art piece with the black frames around.
- Mix of natural textures and stark wall decor: The natural textures found in the chairs and floor materials are juxtaposed nicely with the white colder walls and the black and white art pieces.
- Skylights: Adding on depth and natural light
- Fitted kitchen: The modern and sleek fitted kitchen suits the more rustic and tactile wood elements.
- Making use of nooks for office desks. And also making it possible to conceal those spaces.
SEE MORE DESIGN STORIES
Interested to get more inspired by Scandinavian interior design books? See my curated book list that I put together with some of the latest popular books that will get you in the right Scandinavian interior mood.
I am Caroline, an ex interior design consultant, turned into a content creator, 30+ something Swedish born with an insane passion and interest for design, blogging, and living a meaningful and creative life. Design to me is about creating a (your) story – it is about understanding what matters and how to create something unique and meaningful which speaks and motivates you.